The Lighthouse London Project
The Lighthouse will be a great example of how faith and non-faith groups and organisations can work together because they share a vision of what makes a stronger and better community; one with more social justice and belonging.
The Lighthouse will be a purpose built, contemporary six-storey Christian centre, open to all; a resource of people and place designed to be a ‘house of light’ that will help users find their way to physical, emotional and spiritual health and wellbeing.
The Lighthouse is Holy Trinity Swiss Cottage’s (HTSC) response to the urgent social need it sees in the local community. The Lighthouse will be an inspirational landmark site located on the Finchley Road major artery gateway to London in a very diverse area with urgent social need in an area crying out for physical regeneration.
The Lighthouse aims to:
• Improve the physical and mental health of local people through a range of services
• Tackle homelessness and support young people to independence
• Provide Apprenticeships for young people in our Café run as a Social Enterprise
• Train young people into the catering industry
• Improve young people’s skills and career opportunities through music
• Equip more young people for the world of work
• Be a place of spiritual, physical and mental health and well being
• Express our Christian faith by caring for our community